Even the Largest Farm Stands Are Small Businesses . Let's Support Our Local Farmers !

Even the Largest Farm Stands Are Small Businesses . Let's Support Our Local Farmers  !

December 2016

December 2016
Check here for GrowNY's Greenmarket Maps for Union Square: http://www.grownyc.org/unionsquaregreenmarket

Friday, August 26, 2011

Hurricane Preparations? Buy vegetables and fruit and plan cold meals with cheese!

I have peaches from Cheerful Cherry and Sycamore, tomatoes from Norwich, Sycamore, Keith, and Stokes, bread from Cayuga, jam from Beth, beans from Bodhitree, charontaise melon from Norwich (last weekend for them), and corn from Sycamore. I have herbs from Stokes, blueberries from Samascott, and yogurt from Hammond. I have feta cheese from Kalustyan (not in the Greenmarket, but it will be great with the tomatoes) and Molly's Folly cheese from Cato. I have duck livers from John Fazio that I'll make Bittman's Indian chicken liver dish with.

Tomorrow I will fill a couple of pots with water and set up the steamer with water for corn. With the Greenmarket so close, I don't think I'll be having an unhappy hurricane experience! Like the Boy Scouts, I am Prepared!!

No comments: