Even the Largest Farm Stands Are Small Businesses . Let's Support Our Local Farmers !

Even the Largest Farm Stands Are Small Businesses . Let's Support Our Local Farmers  !

December 2016

December 2016
Check here for GrowNY's Greenmarket Maps for Union Square: http://www.grownyc.org/unionsquaregreenmarket

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Parrot Tulips!!! Poultry and Soups!!! Eggs!! Lamb!! Yogurt!!

Anna of Newfield Farm is back!! She's got beautiful parrot and other tulips and will be here on Saturday for the season!! It was worth getting shoved around by the wind to find her there and to pick up her lovely flowers.

It really is pretty rough out there, but Quattro's was there with my chicken order and Ronnybrook had the garlic butter I need for my roast chicken, so I was glad to be able to pick up the things I needed. I also got some of Milk Thistle's low fat milk and got carrots and turnips for my stock from Paffenroth. Miglorelli and Breezy Hill are here with apples and Three Corner Field Farm has lamb and yogurt. There are plenty of root vegetables to be had and D'Attolico is here with greens and sprouts. Windfall has microgreens and other vegetables as well.

There are actually many stands here considering the weather!!

No comments: