Even the Largest Farm Stands Are Small Businesses . Let's Support Our Local Farmers !

Even the Largest Farm Stands Are Small Businesses . Let's Support Our Local Farmers  !

December 2016

December 2016
Check here for GrowNY's Greenmarket Maps for Union Square: http://www.grownyc.org/unionsquaregreenmarket

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cayuga beans, Locust Grove hot cider, Beth's Jams!!

I was glad to see Cayuga in the Greenmarket today, after using up my last supply of their excellent dried beans in a luscious vegetable soup yesterday. They made a mix of my choice for the next time, so I designed my own selection. S&SO is here today, so I was able to pick up potatoes and various onions for the next soup. Shushan is here with lettuces, tomatoes, and herbs, and Three Corner Field Farm and Cato have cheeses. Locust Grove has apples, cider, pastries, and delicious hot cider(a pleasure in the cold).

We are in the doldrums, but there are still many stands in the market and you can still get Ronnybrook's milk, ice cream, and butters, Beth's jams and chutneys, Terhune's apples, and fresh fish, breads, and maple syrup.

No comments: