Even the Largest Farm Stands Are Small Businesses . Let's Support Our Local Farmers !

Even the Largest Farm Stands Are Small Businesses . Let's Support Our Local Farmers  !

December 2016

December 2016
Check here for GrowNY's Greenmarket Maps for Union Square: http://www.grownyc.org/unionsquaregreenmarket

Monday, May 19, 2008

Young Garlic, Asparagus, Strawberries!

I almost forgot to go to the Greenmarket this morning! It's a good thing I remembered, or I would have missed Yuno's table full of beautiful STRAWBERRIES, as well as her young garlic, young onions, salad greens, and asparagus! I wouldn't have seen Newfield Farm's Sweet William, irises, peonies, and herb plants, and Tello's eggs! The market is small, but there are several farmers with asparagus, rhubarb, and greens, as well as greenhouse stands with herb plants and flowering potted plants.


Check out the bottom of the blog for info about construction in Union Square Park.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello! Do you think there will be as many vendors over memorial day weekend as there are on regular weekends?

Luce said...

Sorry I missed your question, but I would have said "Yes". I hope you checked it out yourself.