Even the Largest Farm Stands Are Small Businesses . Let's Support Our Local Farmers !

Even the Largest Farm Stands Are Small Businesses . Let's Support Our Local Farmers  !

December 2016

December 2016
Check here for GrowNY's Greenmarket Maps for Union Square: http://www.grownyc.org/unionsquaregreenmarket

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Apples!!! Eggs!!! Cider!!!

Well, my plan was to stay in bed until, oh, 10 o'clock, and to avoid the snow, but I had forgotten that I LIKE snow and that I didn't have milk. At 8:30 or so I was out, walking to Whole Paycheck. To my surprise, there were tents up in Union Square and there were farmstands! There are three apple orchards with cider, apples, and pears, and a stand with eggs (and possibly chicken? I didn't check). The Greenmarket truck and stand are there, too. I ran into Annie from Spotted Pig, which made a grand total of two customers, but If you have to choose, Annie is the cheerful person I'd want to see!

No comments: