Even the Largest Farm Stands Are Small Businesses . Let's Support Our Local Farmers !

Even the Largest Farm Stands Are Small Businesses . Let's Support Our Local Farmers  !

December 2016

December 2016
Check here for GrowNY's Greenmarket Maps for Union Square: http://www.grownyc.org/unionsquaregreenmarket

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Meyerworld's New Hit -- Maialino

I'm not a restaurant reviewer, but I have to post about Danny Meyer's new restaurant. It hasn't had a NY Times review yet, which I'm glad about. It gave me a chance to think about the place without anyone else's input. Here it is:

I had my second dinner at Maialino today and it was, if anything, better
>than the first, which was wonderful. My friend said that her braised lamb
>dish was the best she'd ever had and my lamb chop dish was certainly
>excellent, with a tasty preparation of sunchokes and greens. The wine was
>fine and we had the fried artichoke hearts to start (also great). It is not
>inexpensive but it is a great splurge and the service is Meyeresque, which
>is to say terrific.

My justification is that this restaurant, like all the others in Meyerworld, uses Greenmarket produce. Oh, hell! Let's just admit that it was a wonderful meal and let it go at that!

No comments: