Even the Largest Farm Stands Are Small Businesses . Let's Support Our Local Farmers !

Even the Largest Farm Stands Are Small Businesses . Let's Support Our Local Farmers  !

December 2016

December 2016
Check here for GrowNY's Greenmarket Maps for Union Square: http://www.grownyc.org/unionsquaregreenmarket

Saturday, November 21, 2009

Buzzard Crest Grapes! Breezy Hill Cranberries!!

Breezy Hill has fresh CRANBERRIES today and will be here Wednesday, as will most of your favorites, with the possible exception of Eckerton and the definite exception of Westport Aquaculture. James Durr has flower wreaths today. Stokes has squashes, broccoli, cauliflower and potted lettuces. Van Houten has large cauliflowers, sweet potatoes, and broccoli. Keith has bags of Rocambole garlic for gifts, various greens, potatoes, and celeriac. Miglorelli has root vegetables and apples. Shushan has hydroponic tomatoes and herbs. Norwich has organic turkeys today and will be here on Monday with turkeys. (They will not be here on Wednesday.)

Oak Grove has tomatoes, pumpkins, and other vegetables, and pumpkin and apple crumb pies. Windfall has salad greens and edible flowers. Northshire has cabbages and other rustic greens. Paffenroth has their usual wide variety of wonderful produce. Eckerton has the last of the CARDOONS, tomatoes, celeriac, brussels sprouts, rainbow chard, and seasoning peppers, and may not be here Wednesday.Cherry Lane has beautiful cauliflowers, broccoli, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, and brussels sprouts. Hoeffner has greens, pumpkins, and cabbages.

I will not be reporting on Wednesday, unless there is some dramatic Greenmarket news. I *will* be picking up my capon at Quattro's, my cauliflowers here and there, my apples from Locust Grove, my CRANBERRIES at Breezy Hill, my tiny potatoes at Mountain Sweet Berry, and my salad greens at Windfall. I may also buy a celeriac from Keith or Paffenroth and some tiny turnips from whoever has them! I already have Beth's cranberry sauce, Stokes's mixed herbs, Oak Grove's pumpkin, and S&SO's shallots. I may also buy a tasty apple crumb pie from Oak Grove. HAVE A HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!

No comments: