Even the Largest Farm Stands Are Small Businesses . Let's Support Our Local Farmers !

Even the Largest Farm Stands Are Small Businesses . Let's Support Our Local Farmers  !

December 2016

December 2016
Check here for GrowNY's Greenmarket Maps for Union Square: http://www.grownyc.org/unionsquaregreenmarket

Friday, September 11, 2009

Last of Samascott's Blueberries!!

This will be my last Friday report for a while, since I'm starting back to school next week. I missed Wednesday due to a computer problem and today's weather is particularly ugly, so the stars are just not aligned in my favor!

Anyway, ugly weather or not, the farmers are all here and a visit to the Greenmarket this morning brought me the last of Samascott's blueberries, so I'm glad I went. Norwich is also here, with their great vegetables and lovely golden raspberries (which I'm having for breakfast). Yuno has long beans, string beans, lettuces and other greens, heirloom tomatoes, squashes, and other tasty produce. Cheerful Cherry has their excellent heirloom tomatoes and grapes.Berried Treasures has several kinds of bean, including a couple of varieties of shelling bean, and their Tri-Star strawberries.

Newfield Farm is here with lovely lycianthus and gladiolas and River Garden has gorgeous bouquets of assorted wildflowers. The weather is only going to get worse, so get out there early and pick up some excellent produce from Muddy River, Sycamore, and other farmers before the tornedo winds chase them home!!

No comments: